× Search
Thursday, May 6, 2021
Candidate & Campaign Finance InfoCandidate FAQs

Candidate Frequently Asked Questions


 Click on a category to the left to filter the list of FAQs below.

PLEASE NOTE: While we want to make sure you are as informed as possible, the Elections department staff cannot provide advice or help you fill out your paperwork. If you need help, you can consult your county political party office, or seek advice from an attorney or an accountant. 

Can I file my committee formation paperwork by mail?

Yes. Please make sure that all paperwork has original signatures.

Can I file my committee formation paperwork electronically?

Yes. Yavapai County accepts committee formation paperwork by email, mail, or in-person. When filing on printed paper, all forms must have original signatures. Forms filed electronically by email must have a valid digital signature.

The Elections Department does not provide technical support for digital signatures. For information about signing a PDF using Adobe Reader, please visit For other software, please consult the user documentation.

Can I file my committee formation paperwork in Cottonwood?

No, Yavapai County Elections is located at 1015 Fair Street in Prescott and does not have an office in Cottonwood.

Do I have to open a bank account before turning in my Statement of Organization?

No. The Statement of Organization asks for the name of the bank you plan to use. You can submit an Amended Statement of Organization if you end up using a different bank.

What if I don't have a committee, it's just me?

Most candidates can be a “committee of one,” and act as their own Chairman and Treasurer. However, if you are a candidate for judicial office, we recommend that you refer to the Arizona Code of Judicial Conduct for additional guidelines.
Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2021 by Yavapai County Government